Friday 27 April 2012

'Girl with a Dove' Shoot, Assisting Georgia

I had a great day helping Georgia out, I was surprised she did not want any help prior to the shoot despite offering several time but she had it all under control!
The day started at 7.30 meeting to drive in convoy to the set a few miles away in what I can only presume was an old chicken or pig shed. It was very leaky and I can now see the importance in suit and dress bags or the costumes would have been sodden by the time we  were ready to shoot.
I was quite surprised how relaxed the atmosphere was, there were a lot of discussions between the crew about the best options on the day which was hindered by the weather making the set up for the lights difficult. This has taught me how everything doesn't always go the way you hope, 'the best laid plans of mice and men....'

It was a fantastic opportunity for me to meet one of my actors too, Hattie Gotobed, which gave me a little bit more of an idea how tall a 9 year old is, because I didn't really know! It was fantastic working with the actors, and I learnt a lot about how to deal with different types of actors!

I was very impressed that we had a whole gazebo for costume whilst everyone else was crammed into this tiny chicken shed but it was a fantastic day! I have learnt a lot about the running of a film!

I mainly helped Georgia with continuity issues that she had forgotten about such as how the bows were hanging, the actor taking off his watch, and other small things like that that she may not have thought of whilst she was trying to make everything perfect.
















No comments:

Post a Comment